Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The jungle of life (literally)

Judging by where I left off with my first entry last night, I'm sure you can all imagine the nature of tonight's topic. While beginning my so-called glorious attorney career with the naive notions that I would wow my superiors and stun them with my intellect, I soon found out that would only last for 2 months ("Honeymoon period"). Not only did I stay later than other associates, I started coming in on Saturdays after I began my second month at TULF. Occasionally, associates were actually allowed to leave at 6:00-6:30 p.m. on Fridays, but that was no longer allowed after one of the more senior associates left. I instantly hit it off with another associate, who had started at TULF just a couple months before I did but had a couple years of experience. For purposes of this blog, I will call her Ashley. We became fast friends and had a lot of fun hanging out outside the office. The senior associate worked closely with Ashley doing litigation and when I first started at TULF, they worked very well together. However, after 1-2 months, their work relationship began crumbling and numerous arguments took place. As I came to realize, it was impossible to please this guy. He claimed everyone was smarter than him, yet, he seemed to always act as though he was the smartest in the office.

That's about it for tonight...more tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment